Friday, February 22, 2008

Fragrance Bouquet Loves... MAC

So, I’ve come down with the flu... The nose still works fine, but I can’t even bear the thought of wearing/sniffing perfume. Still, I didn’t want to let the day pass without a post, so I thought I’d inject some fun in my day, and if you’ll indulge me, I’ll tell you about my latest non-scented discoveries. What am I loving lately? Well, I’ve fallen hard for the MAC Fafi collection! Have you tried any of the Fafi products yet? I was a little dubious at first, seeing as the press releases showcased really intense looks with more than a few ‘80s hints – I wasn’t sure I could pull any of those looks off. Trying on the products themselves though, was a revelation! Everything is unbelievably wearable and versatile. I am especially impressed with the lipsticks, which are all very lightweight and go on rather sheer while still having amazing longevity. (I love sheer lipsticks by the way, I simply can’t have too many of them – they are my favorite type of lipstick and I am still lamenting the loss of the now discontinued Versace wet lipstick line...) So if you too love a sheer sheen of color on your pucker, go ahead and try the new Fafi lipsticks – they are simply amazing! My personal favorite? Ooh, that’s a hard one, cause if I could, I’d have ordered all of them, but in the end I settled for "High Top", a lovely mauve that glides on the lips to give a dusky finish that is still sheer enough to be worn every day. The new lipglosses, the Fafi Lipglass collection is just as fabulous, with wonderful, long-lasting shine that gives lips a three-dimensional, bee-stung look. Mmm! My favorite is "Cult Fave", which is THE best lipgloss to use when doing a strong-eyes/natural-lip look. Seeing as this is one of my favorite make-up looks, combining sexy sultriness with innocence, I simply never want to have to do without this! As for Fafi products I don’t yet own but am lusting after? I’ll simply have to buy the new Fafi powder blush in “Hipness” – a beautiful blush that gives that marvelous, young and dewy, apricot-y glow I love best with my skin coloring. I’ve been using Dior Flight “Peachy Adventure” up until now, but seeing as it was limited edition and my palette is now almost finished, I am very happy to have found a great product to replace it with. It seems to be very hard to find a good apricot-peachy blush and this came into my attention just in time. Lastly, one of the new Fafi paintpots will also have to be mine come March: “Rollickin’”. I’ve been in love with Kate Hudson’s bold eye-look (click here for a picture) ever since I saw it featured on one of my favorite blogs, Gaia’s Non-Blonde beauty and perfume page. The vibrant aqua color of “Rollickin’” will help me recreate this eye-look to perfection. Fragrance Bouquet is completely in love with MAC this spring!

So, what do you think about the new MAC Fafi products? And what are you loving right now?

*Special thanks to my friend, Piarella, for letting me try the whole collection!
Love you girl!*


Images from www.maccosmetics.com


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love sheer lipstick too. I also big lover of the berry stained lips look also. I think I will have to check this out in the future. My go to blush for a nice glow is Benefit's Daisy all over glow blush.

Unknown said...

Also feel better soon. I have had a cold the last few days, strangely it hasn't really attacked my nose.

Divina said...

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for the wishes. I mostly feel it on my body, its all achy and even the skin feels ultra sensitive - bleargh. I *love* stain on the lips as well, especially under a sheer nude or sheer pearl lipstick. Do you have any suggestions for a good stain? I've only been using one and I am looking for alternatives.

Anonymous said...

Dear Divina,
I really hope that you will be feeling better very soon: please take care and rest. The MAC makeup looks tempting and I must investigate next time I'm shopping! As for stain, I like Benefit's Benetint if it's still available - also it's multi purpose! Warmest wishes,
Linda

Divina said...

Thank you so much for the wishes! I feel much better now. Still not 100% but I am good and active again :) I haven't tried any Benefit products - never saw them anywhere here in Holland. I've seen them in Greece though, so I'll give the stain a try next time I'm there. (hopefully during Easter break)

Anonymous said...

Hi Divina, hope you're feeling better by now. I just wanted to tell you I looooved this post. Love makeup and you write veryu well about it. Want to see more of it if possible. See you!!

Christine