The sweet, lovely Jenavira from Scent of Abricots gave me a F*cking Fabulous Award! According to the rules I have to post five of my own fabulous addictions and present the award to 5 more blogs that I consider, well, fabulous!
Instructions and Rules:
1. You have to pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
My 5 F*ck!ng Fabulous Addictions:
1. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again because no such list for me would be complete without this: SHOES! I am the mad shoe collector, the insane shoe addict. Giuseppe Zanotti, Roger Vivier and Christian Louboutin are my favorite shoe brands, with Giuseppe Zanotti as a definite number one, high, high, high above the rest. Incomparable. (Have you seen his shoes for Balmain this year? He made feet absolutely fabulous both in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer collections.) He sends me into delirium! My most lovely latest addition to the collection was a pair of high-heeled black velvet Suecomma Bonnie sandals swathed in pearls. I told a friend I wanted to wear them with ripped skinny jeans to add shock value to the luxury of the shoe. She replied: “The best way to wear these, darling, are with no clothes at all.” Indeed.
2. Perfume. Need I say more? If you’re here, you know all about my addiction :) Latest obsession is the gourmand genre, completely wrong for the weather we’re having, but oh-so-comforting. Due to the fact that I am going through a rough, stressful period, I keep craving the voluptuous, comforting embrace of vanilla, almonds, milk, rice and everything else edible-incredible. When the weather overrules my need for comfort, I turn to soft spring florals.
3. I do not know how to reconcile a love of fashion, makeup, high heels and all things girly with this addiction, but here goes: Nintendo. I own every single console and handheld Nintendo ever made (with the exception of the original NES and the black and white gameboy). Most fun had this year with games: Racing online with Mario Kart Wii & talking to cute little animals on Animal Crossing City Folk.
4. David Suchet as Hercule Poirot! I can’t wait till the next 4 episodes are out. I have watched the entire series so far and I think it is AWESOME! I especially love the attention to detail put in making the sets as realistic as possible and adore the episodes with art-deco dress and furnishings.
5. My most fabulous addiction in life however, is life itself. I love the fact that I have managed to retain a childlike joie de vivre, managing to see things in life with the excitement of seeing them for the first time. The first snow of the year makes me do a little dance, the scents of the changing seasons in the air make my heart beat faster with excitement, the image of blossom petals swirling down from trees in spring makes me feel as though I’m in a fairy tale. Every single time I walk outside along the fantastically beautiful canals of Amsterdam, I thank God I am alive. When the sun is out and all the people gather outside in cafes next to the water, seeing their beautiful smiling faces floods my heart with love. Happiness makes me skip and hop, literally. Life is the most beautiful addiction!
I want to give this award to the following 5 fabulous blogs:
• S. from Notes From the Ledge who is an A-ma-zing writer. If she ever wrote a book, I would buy it. You are TALENTED, girl.
• Aimée L'Ondée from Mossyloomings, another wonderful writer with a fantastic sense of humor. Her smart, sassy, funny writing is fabulous.
• Brian and Abigail over at I Smell Therefore I Am. Their reactions to scents often correspond to my own and their personal commentary is a joy to read.
• The knowledgeable, thoughtful Carol over at WAFT. She is a true lady and one of the perfume bloggers whom I most long to meet.
• Finally, I hope she will forgive me for “outting” her, but I want to give a shout-out to Ines and All I Am – A Redhead, a reader who recently started blogging! Ines’ perspective on perfume is fresh and her journey worth following! I am so happy to have met a friend in her and I hope she keeps writing.