Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Under Construction

I am still working on getting this blog set up. My two posts so far have been an exercise in talking to myself, since the blog has not yet been made public. The reason for this is that it is not quite ready yet. I did not want to publish it while it is still looking so unfinished. I wanted to have the perfect version ready! Even though I am not very web/tech-savvy, I still want to make the best of it. So, I have been in the process of giving the ready-made template I chose from blogger a much needed facelift. I started with the color scheme and have now graduated to working with the top banner and the icons. I have chosen Carnations to be the main theme of the blog, since it is a flower whose scent I love but mainly because I discovered that it is a note included in all of my favorite fragrances. That makes it very special to me and it will certainly be a great 'mascot'! On a side note, I have yet to find the perfect Carnation soliflore. Bellodgia by Caron is lovely, but it is not peppery, spicy enough for me. I should definitely start asking around. Tomorrow I am going to review Imperial Opoponax by Les Nereides. It will be nice to have a number of reviews already posted, so when this blog gets out there it is not completely empty. Don’t you agree, imaginary reader? :)



Under construction image by clifford-wright.co.uk


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love carnations. I obtained a partial bottle of the hard to find Oeillet Sauvage from L'Artisan. It is not a true soliflore as I detect ylang ylang in it and maybe a bit of rose. It is spicy, which I totally appreciate! The carnation is not lost in this blend.
-Cheri

Divina said...

Thank you so much for the recomendation Cheri! This will most definitely go on my must-sample list. I will post back here again when I get to try it. Welcome to my blog and thank you once again!